Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Talking vs. Coughing

If you think about talking, it requires your vocal chords and your mouth. If you think about coughing, it requires your lungs and of course your mouth for it come out. So how does talking cause coughing, at least when you're sick. The way I figure it is that there is one more common theme, breathing. There's the key. If only I didn't have to breathe, I'd stop coughing. At this point, my lungs, my diaphragm, my shoulders are all sore from coughing. And all I want to do it lay down and take a nice nap but I have a pile of work sitting here in front of me that's about 7-8 inches high. Yukky!
It's especially yukky when the weather outside is truly beautiful. At least that helps keep my spirits up, otherwise I'd be getting nothing done, that whole endorphin thing again. I think I've drunk about 3-4 gallons of tea over the last week. I just realized I've been sick for more than a week. Hm, that's not good. What will really not be good is if I get anyone else sick who I've been around. So far so good.

What is going on in the Near East, Middle East, Eastern Europe, Far East, Asia Major, Asia Minor; what the heck do you call Afghanistan, Pakistan and India? I don't know exactly where they are in the bigger scheme of things to know what geographical moniker to place on that region. (And there are actually some attractive parts to these two countries as demonstrated here by the way.) Anyway, are they imploding or what? Why now? I think I've missed something to help me understand what is driving this current mayhem. I wonder if this disruption was the cause for Comedy Central to crash and burn last night at about 8:20 when Jake Gyllenhal was having such a great time with John Stewart? Probably not the reason. Maybe it was something the handyman astronaut who went up in the recent Space Shuttle did to one of the satellites up in space of something, you know turned the wrong knob, got his wires crossed or something?


In the meantime, China has hit pay dirt, literally. They are taking over the financial world and here we sit getting deeper and deeper in it, so to speak. The dollar is becoming devalued to the point it won't be worth a penny at the rate we're going. Better hold on to those pennies after all I guess. It is going to be a very different world for our grand kids and their grand kids. Anyone who was smart enough to invest in China's financials is sitting back fat and happy now. Kind of the modern day Microsoft phenomena. Okay, similar to Google and Apple too. Why aren't I smart enough to pick up on any of these signs. They seem so obvious after the fact. You gotta love that 20/20 hindsight.

1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger kara said...

the writer's guild is on strike, so daily show and colbert report are crashed until further notice. suckage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home