Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Close Only Counts in...

Well, the 2007 World Series is only 3 outs away from being over. It has been relatively boring because no one can touch the Reds. As much as I like Boston, I'm OK with sharing it with someone else next year though. I don't want to see us get into another Chicago Bulls winning year after year after year, ad nauseum. The best part of the Box is that their star hitter is from Madras, Oregon, where my favorite uncle, the rock star lives. He has been phenomenal, truly a case of local boy makes good. The worst part of these games besides the fact that the Rockies just haven't been up to it is that the singers of the various before and mid-game accompaniments were country-western, yuck!

I have another question for you, who are these fat, sloppy looking people who have field-side, hundreds of dollar seats? They don't even have on their team colors? Nobody knows how to be a good fan anymore. Not like my girls and I in the days of the real Trailblazers. What's a little tarmac sitting through the night among friends?

One more positive aspect of any final sports face-off, is the caliber of the commercials. I wonder if there's anyone out there who rates commercials. Some are so good you want to see them again, and others make my skin crawl. Others of course have me getting up and leaving the room, on purpose. Right now, I'm watching people interact with sparkler looking pictures, weird. OK, I left that out before but it definitely is one of the categories.

We did laugh tonight though when the first beer commercial was Anheuser-Busch rather than Coors, especially when they are playing in Coors Stadium in Denver.


Anyway, I think it's safe to say this is the end of this year's era. In fact, that's it, Papelbon just struck out his last 2007 batter and they are in a major group hug jumping all over the field. It's always a little anticlimactic when you win the final game away from home. The crowd isn't crazy spilling over the stands with noise that makes your head hurt. I still think Papelbon looks like John Lithgow.

Time for me to sweep myself off to bed and get ready for another wearing week.

Oh, and I only have 100 pages left in Harry Potter #5. Woo hoo!

6 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent, only two 700+ page Harry Potter books to go after that.

Long Live the BoSox!!!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, and Varitek looks like George Clooney, don't you think?

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger kara said...

Baseball. Eyes. Glazed.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger The Future said...

I don't think that as much as I think Papenjon looks like Lithgow.

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man utd rule
oh yea and by the way i think you
should have a little rethink about that explanation

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea me again erm that was really crap i think you should rethink your sad old life

 

Post a Comment

<< Home