Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Have you ever...

...rubbed your eye then wished you hadn't because you can never get out of it whatever you rubbed into it? ...taken a bite of something covered with pepper and choked so hard you couldn't breathe, oh and lest I forget it happens in the middle of a very nice restaurant? ...had a feeling like something bad was going to happen so when something did, you spent considerable time trying to figure out if that was the bad thing or if it was going to be something else? ...spent many minutes trying to open a package until you finally grabbed something sharp and destroyed it just to get in (chips come to mind)? ...looked both ways to cross a street - nothing - then stepped out and there was a car, where the heck did they come from? ...wondered why cars speed up when they see you crossing? ...realized that your memories of the good old days in school were rose colored at best when a friend recalled the same memory, not-so-rosy from their perspective? ...really wanted to watch a particular show and stayed awake, stayed awake but were so tired you fell asleep right before the end and never found out how it ended? ...realized that years ago when you had the great body to wear the really cool clothes, you were too much of a nerd to be confident enough to wear them? ...thought you knew someone pretty well then they do something and you just shake your head because all of a sudden you can't figure them out? ...wished you were a dolphin? ...questioned if it stops hurting after the 10th or 11th tattoo? ...wondered if fish get cold? ...wondered if elephants get stuffy noses? ...wondered if centipedes ever trip and fall? ...wondered if roosters ever lose their voice? ...wondered if bears are ever allergic to their own fur? ...wondered if ants ever get buried alive in anthill cave-ins? Enough thinking, this is turning into the never-ending story.

Bon soir!

1 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This post reminds me of Shel Silverstein's poem Whatif which goes as follows:

Last night, while I lay thinking here,
Some Whatifs crawled inside my ear
And pranced and partied all night long
And sang their same old Whatif song:
Whatif I'm dumb in school?
Whatif they've closed the swimming pool?
Whatif I get beat up?
Whatif there's poison in my cup?
Whatif I start to cry?
Whatif I get sick and die?
Whatif I flunk that test?
Whatif green hair grows on my chest?
Whatif nobody likes me?
Whatif a bolt of lightening strikes me?
Whatif I don't grow taller?
Whatif my head starts getting smaller?
Whatif the fish won't bite?
Whatif the wind tears up my kite?
Whatif they start a war?
Whatif my parents get divorced?
Whatif the bus is late?
Whatif my teeth don't grow in straight?
Whatif I tear my pants?
Whatif I never learn to dance?
Everything seems swell, and then
The nighttime Whatifs strike again!

A genius, that man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home