Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Friday, September 14, 2007

T.G.I.F.

It's Friday night and it has been a hell of a week. Parents and grandparents of, and baby boy all get home in a few hours. That's been the best part of the week, knowing their arrival was waiting at the end. Lots more work to do over the weekend but hopefully I'll be able to accomplish it from home. Fall is definitely in the air, in the sky, in the temperature and in the leaves falling everywhere. I'm actually wearing a sweatshirt today for the first time in a long time. It feels nice and cozy. I'm actually kind of ready for it at this point.

I'm still at loggerheads with the individual at work I mentioned earlier this week. The bigger guns will have to step in next week to try to prevent so much of our work grinding to a halt because the trees are completely blocking the forest for this person. I officially announce myself as a failure in getting through to her.

I took a health risk assessment today that asked if I felt I could manage the stress in my life. I guess the answer to that would be, "yes, when I'm not at work". This is becoming a common theme with folks these days. It makes you wonder how long our society can continue to demand more than is humanly possible out of people. I can't remember what a real weekend is like where you not only don't do any work but you don't think or worry about work either. I suppose this is why my friends who are already retired are so relaxed and have smiles on their faces all the time. Well you never know, I could find a million dollar lottery ticket abandoned on the sidewalk any day now.

Oh, oh, the pigs are flying outside my window, I need to go.

1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger kara said...

You'll have to fight Kansas for that ticket...he's banking on finding it too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home