Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Friendships at Work

I'm beginning to think it's generally not a good idea to make friends at work. The fix I seem to have gotten myself into now is that one of my "friends" is driving everyone crazy and tomorrow I have to find a way to get through to her so she can understand the adverse impact she is having on everyone. She is so volatile, this will probably trigger the end of the friendship, just a hunch. She is so much fun when we're out "with the girls" it's very frustrating. Well, we'll see how it goes.

"The girls" were all supposed to go to the mountain cabin of one of the girls for the weekend but it appears this gal has flaked out. That's especially frustrating since it has been on the calendar for two months. Why are people like that, where they make obvious choices to be with other friends over you. Why commit in the first place if you don't want to go? Too much drama for me. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to hang around my grandson instead since he'll finally be home from Italy. Two more days, I can't wait.

I heard Barak Obama the other night on The Daily Show, he is such an impressive speaker. He has Kennedy-like charisma and just makes sense. But let's be honest, does he have a snowball's chance in hell of winning? Of course that's only if there's any snow left once this administration gets finished with us. Granted they haven't actually melted the arctic tundra but what have they done to address it? I can't remember them talking about anything but Iraq for the last 7 years (yes, I'm counting).

Actually, both parties appear to be so fractured, maybe it'll be a draw and the two parties will have to assume joint custody. One year on, one year off kind of like firefighters. The one thing Barak said he felt he was doing was encouraging the young vote to come out. That would be a good thing, try to balance out the old vote. You'll need alot of youngs to cancel out all those olds. I think Hillary can kiss it goodbye before she even starts, she has pissed way too many people off, that's what happens when you try to be the alpha male.

I heard someone say today that the three biggest threats to the U.S. are:
- weapons of mass destruction,
- nuclear explosives placed in small boats, and,
- Barbie heads from China
And I'm sure they're right.

Gas prices are going up again. Who would have ever thought I would be watching the gas pump register $20 for just 7 gallons of gas. Maybe it's actually molten gold and they just haven't let on to us. It sort of feels that way instead of just combustible, stinky, polluting gasoline. The way things are going, I'm going to be a scooter-riding grandma once I've retired because that's all I'll be able to afford. That means it will take me about half a day to get to my folks house considering how far away they live (probably 20 miles as the crow flies). I can just see my mom sitting on the back as we tool over to Ross. Hm, somehow this isn't working for me.

I'm off to do work work, it never ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home