Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Prove You Wrong

OK, you think only the most dangerous things are the most fun. Let's see if I can come up with a few that prove you wrong.

Hmm, 5-6 of us cousins jumping on Grandma's feather bed out in the cabin comes to mind, no we could have fallen off and bumped our heads so that doesn't work (even though no one did as I recall).




How about playing catch; no that won't work since I missed once and the ball cut a huge gash in my eyebrow when it hit my glasses.


I know, climbing Grammie's tree in her front yard. It had the most perfect branch just within reach to make climbing a must. Our favorite thing was to hang from it upside down by our knees. It was very smooth because we climbed up there so much. Oh, you probably won't let me have that one either, something about kids falling out of trees or some such nonsense.



There was the time we floated in inner tubes on the Wilson River with our friends. Probably not a good example though since my girlfriend got caught in the current and my dad had to swim after her to save her.


There was riding horses with my girlfriends but that won't work either since I never really knew what I was doing and more than once they ran away with me, cornered and kicked other horses, tried to rub me off on a tree, tried to buck me off, tried to bite me...what was it I liked so much about horses? I still do for that matter.

I still think there are some fun things you can do that aren't dangerous like reading a good book, roller skating, playing piano, riding bikes, going for walks/hikes and of course, playing with baby boy. So yes, you're right, but not entirely.

2 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger kara said...

reading can be really dangerous. there are FOUR corners at the very least that could poke your eyes out.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger stinkypaw said...

Roller shaking can be dangerous (at least for me!) and riding bikes as well, first ride of the season would ALWAYS = knee scraping!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home