Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Monday, July 02, 2007

All Things Hawaiian


Tonight we had dinner at Ohana, The Hawaiian Cafe about three blocks down the street. Now, anyone who has seen Lilo and Stitch knows that Ohana means "family" so every time we go in, the Disney music starts going through my head.

That's probably part of the reason I like it so much, oh and let's not forget the scrumptious kalua pig and cabbage...

Seriously, it's a feel good kind of place and every time we've gone there to eat, there have been native Hawaiians there, which to me is the best possible sign that it's excellent and authentic food. I realize the computer shot of this dish of food isn't the best or most appetizing you've seen so you'll just have to trust me on this.


Of course, it wasn't as authentic as the luau's we attended in Maui where they made Mike get up and do the hula after dinner but I probably liked it that much better as a result. Some exhibits are just too hard to take on a full stomach.

So all there is left to say about this lovely evening is, "Mahalo"!

2 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger kara said...

ewwwwww, you eat pig????!!!??? oh wait, that's just pork

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger The Future said...

K - Oink, oink!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home