Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Overload

I asked a guy how he was doing today and he said he was on overload. I thought about it and decided I'm right there with him. They are loading the work on so fast with nothing going away that you can't find time to lift your head up. It's starting to give me a headache. So on that note, I think it's time for bed.

My tree is getting a big, old shot tomorrow. Otherwise it will die from the blight, and something else that I couldn't understand what she said. I'll bet you didn't know trees had veterinarian type people and they give them big, huge shots of stuff including vitamins. The tree is beautiful (when it's not sick) so it's worth it but these debilitating conditions seem to be traveling around my yard. This little grove full of old trees (that were "free" with the house) are starting to cost us as much as our free cat, Mrs. Belvedere.

The tree lady told me that all the planting we've done in the backyard has probably shocked the tree and caused it to be more susceptible to this crud. It's pretty bad when you need to tip toe around your trees. They are living creatures though so I guess I need to think of them as being a little more fragile than I have. Then my dad told me if you pile too much dirt up around a tree, that will kill it, even if it's an old tree. I guess that's why they write books about these things and perhaps I should actually read one. That book will have to wait for an extremely rainy day.

Now it's really time for bed.

2 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger kara said...

You have the worst luck with trees and cats.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger The Future said...

I see you didn't comment on my food blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home