Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Practice Makes Perfect


You know how they say practice makes perfect, well I've decided that with me, practice makes better rather than perfect. I do not think it is possible for me to play piano perfectly. I can do much better by practicing a great deal but with all the distractions I let distract me, I am having to settle for better.

I've decided I need to lighten up on my expectations of myself. If I'm playing for the fun of it, than why do I think I need to play like a concert pianist. I think this gets back to my need to do my best and when my best isn't the best, that's hard for me to accept. I'm playing for my own enjoyment, playing is therapy for me so if I don't lighten up, I'll need therapy for my therapy. About the time I start to get a stiff neck while I'm practicing, it's time to quit for the day and start again the next.

As for the professional quality of my piano performance, it just ain't gonna happen.

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger kara said...

i love that you're taking lessons. and i can't wait for your first recital!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home