Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Monday, June 04, 2007

To Exercise Or Not To Exercise?

You know how when you don't exercise your body gets crosser and crosser and stiffer and stiffer and you have less energy and you don't sleep as well, you're clothes stop fitting and you feel like a slug (probably look like one too)? So, who in their right mind would even consider not exercising? What could ever be a good reason for not walking, at a minimum?

Like tonight, Laura and I went to the gym and I walked about 1 1/2 miles but I can't tell you the last time we went and I have not been working out at home either. I just seem to have run out of time. But that means all the things in the first paragraph have been happening so even after only getting back for one night, I already feel better. Every time this happens, I convince myself I can never let it happen again for these exact reasons, so why does it keep happening? Let's see...

  • No time, have to practice
  • No time, have to work
  • No time, have to shop
  • No time, have to do something with the girls
  • No time, have to actually eat dinner
  • No time, have to watch a grandchild's recital
  • No time, have to celebrate a family event
  • Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera
You get the picture.

My point is, I have to find a way to walk on the NordicTrack, walk in the neighborhood, or hike somewhere, I can't just quit. My body is getting to the age where the manufactured obsolescence is beginning to kick in and the only thing keeping me away from the repairman (or maybe even the junkyard) is continuous activity. It's kind of like the Tin Man where he had to oil his joints to keep moving, I have to exercise to oil my joints, if that makes any sense.

Actually, it doesn't matter if it makes sense because that's just the way it is.

2 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger kara said...

My body is getting to the age where the manufactured obsolescence is beginning to kick in

Brilliant.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger The Future said...

Right, maybe they'll nominate me for the Nobel Prize.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home