Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Cats & Dogs


"The Truth About Cats and Dogs" is on right now. Besides the fact that I adore Janene Garofalo, I also love the dogs and cats included in the show and the scenarios they call her about (as a radio vet) are pretty funny. The part about abuse and pretending she's someone she's not, is irritating.
It's one of those cases where you fast forward through the irritating or embarassing parts to another animal part. I think the same thing is true with "Must Love Cats and Dogs". It's all about the animals. OK, maybe a little about John Cusack. For that matter, I like Diane Lane too. Oh well, I guess maybe I like that movie a little bit more.

So, I'm thinking animals get more senile as they get older just like humans. For instance, (our cat who we figure is about 6 now) has started doing this crying thing, I mean the really eerie, creepy meowing so you can't think when they're doing it. It's a good thing I don't generally have to listen to her throughout the day, she would drive me over the edge. Maybe there's some hint of Siamese in there somewhere. It's that kind of yowling, you know. You have to admit, most cats don't cry until you come watch them use the litter box. Very wierd, we admit it.

Although, we could have it worse, she could be throwing up all over the place all the time like my daughter's cat. And they have it in stereo since their dog does the same thing. This condition obviously runs in their family. Maybe I'll keep my yowling cat after all.

Well, time to go to bed so our yowling cat can climb on top of me and clean herself when I'm close to falling asleep. No she doesn't run our lives, it merely appears that way to everyone else.

4 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's just "Must Love Dogs," not "Must Love Cats and Dogs". Just had to correct that, cause I'm anal that way.

My cat threw up on our Italian tutor's bag today. Ahh...the joys of pet ownership.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger kara said...

My cat is perfect. Your cats are weird.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My cat does puke a lot, but at least she doesn't rub her pooper all over the rug. Gak!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger The Future said...

L&K - You may not criticize my cat lest I remind you both from whence she came. Only I can criticize her, and spray her with water and tell her "no" 20,000 times a day.

So Laura, did Antimo uninvite you after Ally puked on his stuff? That's the closest thing she could get to a change of scenery, poor thing. She's already thrown up on everything else in your house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home