Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Star Power

My husband sits every night and watches Entertainment Tonight kinds of shows with all the Paris Hiltons, the Britney Spears, the Lindsay Lohan's, the Pamela Anderson's, you know all the Hollywood putridness. I can't even stand to walk through the room when this crap is on, let alone sit down and watch it. I am simply unwilling to give any of my valuable time to such low lifes.

So then I started to think about who would be worth my time to sit for an hour and watch on tv. First names through my head were Pink Martini, John Stewart,
Bill Mahar (a little here and there, I can't take a steady diet of him), any of the remodel, landscaping or organization shows on The Learning Channel (TLC), Cesar Milan (the Dog Whisperer), just about anything on the Discovery Channel or National Geographic Channel, lots of old movies and some newer ones, i.e. almost any version of Pride & Prejudice, most romantic comedies, etc.

I'll also watch the Antique Roadshow, I love it when a really humble person finds out they have something worth tens of thousands of dollars and the really cocky ones who paid a fortune for their "find" learn it's not worth spit.


So, it's Friday night and there are two days ahead that don't require me to be at work. I'm going to make the most of them...

1 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger kara said...

work is stupid. i'm not going to do it anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home