Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I Confess, I Am Not an Artist

Ok, we did this really fun thing and made glass jewelry out of pieces of glass then they got fired and it melted them altogether. Anyway, it was very fun but without fail, my pieces for the most part looked better before they were fired than after. That's because I have no eye for art and cannot project the end product so put them together badly. Some others, however, did really cool stuff and I was absurdly jealous. I even tried to bring three extra pendants home with me that weren't mine because they were so much cooler than mine but I got caught (not really, I couldn't remember what I'd done and they were handed to me so I took them). Anyway, please don't think I am going the PH route, I gave them back, but now I know what I'm going to do next time to have some of that coolness myself. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here is an image that comes as close as I could find.

Here is another example.


And finally, the coup de grace (grand finale)...So, you know what they say, practice makes perfect. I guess that means I'll need to keep going back and make more jewelry until I get it right. Oh, throw me in the briar patch!

1 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger kara said...

i like mine even less today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home