Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Multi-tasking

As I sit here on the precipice of another creation worthy of a Pulitzer, I am listening to both Boccherini (classical symphonic - now it's Mozart) very quietly strictly as background, louder in the background is Marcus Buckingham's "Now, Discover Your Strengths". I agree, if only the book sounded like he looks I wouldn't be losing track of what is being said.

(I'd much rather look at him than at Mozart.)

I am what is known as a Sr. HR Business Partner for some of our senior executives. One of them is a true afficianado of self-improvement literature, this being just one of may such tomes he has read and recommended. In fact, this is his CD that I have been sitting here staring at for the last 2-3 months. Hence, I've now officially taken it out of the box and am slowly wading through truly boring stuff. All I've learned so far is that your brain is basically formed within your first year and you don't add much after that, in fact, throughout your childhood you waste much of it away because it isn't being developed sufficiently. I'm sure there has been more meat than that in this presentation but that's what has stuck with me so far.

So tomorrow is Labor Day. When you hear the term Labor Day, what comes to your mind, poor laboring workers being trod upon by management, the true epitome of evil?




Or this, the family crammed into their car along with every recreational item they own and
maybe some additional stuff from the Dollar Store grabbed on the way out of town? Actually, now that I look at it more closely, this cartoon is probably something more patriotic in nature so you have to use your imagination on this one.



There are also the infamous State Fairs that occur over this weekend with Labor Day generally acting as the grand finale. The "grandaddy" of them all is the Iowa State Fair, upon which the famous "State Fair" musical was based for all of you Pat Boone lovers.

Then of course there is the eternal shopping activity that consumes most of us regardless of the weekend, although holiday weekends tend to offer amazing savings you can't seem to live without

So, however you plan to spend your weekend, enjoy it, I am.

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger kara said...

You and your google images fascination. You crack me up. Thanks for dinner last night! Twas glorious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home