Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

What Do I Know?

What does it say about me that the only "news" I know is what I learn from Bill Maher and John Stewart, when I get the chance to see them. I think it says that the daily news is shit and life is hard enough without listening to that. However, periodically I miss something as a result. Like I didn't know the President of Iran was coming to the U.S. As to that, I thought we had immigration officers at our borders, I thought we had lists of our enemies to deny them entry to the U.S., I thought we had metal detectors, so what in the hell was he doing here? Have we gone so far with our "freedom" that we welcome our sworn enemies with open arms while we are simultaneously wire tapping citizens who have lived here their entire lives?

I think it's a good thing our country no longer has any pride because everytime this president gets in front of the press or any other group of unfortunates, his poor grammar and simply stupid sounding speech blacks our eye yet again. It's kind of like having permanent eye shadow.

I read an article this morning about an amoeba that has been entering the noses of young boys who are swimming in warmish waters and killing them. The most recent one was in Arizona, where he had been swimming in Lake Havasu the week before. How scary is this, these organisms grow in warm water and apparently only enter the body through the nose where they attach themselves to the olfactory nerve when the swimmer does somersaults, or stands on their head or any other underwater activity after which they slowly eat their way into the brain. They keep destroying it until they kill the person. They mentioned they even grow in swimming pools if they aren't kept clean (in algae) for anyone who is thinking about jumping into a scummy pool. That creeped me out. Worse yet, no cure.

See, this is what happens when I read the paper! I'm going back to Harry Potter, at least the evil in that isn't real.

2 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger kara said...

Oh my god, mom...that's disgusting. So much for my afternoon plans of pond wading. My day is ruined. RUINED.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger The Future said...

It may be ruined but it's your life you have to thank me for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home