Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

On My Own Again

Within the hour, I'll be running solo (I loosely use the term running). I think because I've worked for so many years, I feel the need to plan my time all the time. This means I'm already thinking about how to fill the quiet minutes.

Here are some of the opportunities I'm planning:
  • Spending more time with my family & friends
  • Doing some fun stuff during the day that I can't usually do like go out to lunch at fun places, go to the zoo, watch Beckett frolic at OMSI, etc.
  • Read, read, read
  • Walk, walk, walk
  • Add more music to my IPOD and organize it all into playlists (I never could find my holiday music to play at Christmastime)
  • Placing all the old, loose photographs in photo books
  • Cleaning out closets & drawers
  • Organizing my study
  • Begin practising my piano as soon as I have access to my right hand
I have this funny feeling my retirement will be the same way. Nevertheless, it's time for me to start checking more stuff off my list, which I'll report on over time to keep me honest.

3 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger stinkypaw said...

Reads like some fun time ahead, or at least "catching up times"... enjoy!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger The Future said...

S - I just got back from your site and enjoyed some of your lists. I have many of the same observations of people who expect you to act the same way, day in and day out. I think they feel the need to keep us in a category and don't know how to handle it if we ever step out.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger kara said...

you could never handle retirement. i need to pop out some puppies to keep you busy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home