Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Repeat...with a Twist!

January - We watched Alfred Hitchcock's absolute best of all time, "Rear Window" starring the first ever Barbie doll, Grace Kelly.

February -
I remember standing in front of the television on a Sunday night in 1963 when The Beatles were first on Ed Sullivan thinking what in the world are those girls screaming about.

March - Another point of note, as we were landing the night before, the flight attendant pointed out the gentleman sitting at the far right of the front row in his army camouflage fatigues, with his backpack belted into the seat next to him reinforcing the part it plays in his life, was returning home from Baghdad.

April - P. S. I'm shocked Kara has never thought of creating a limeskin helmet for one of her cats.

May - If I say "warm and fuzzy", does the subject of this photo say it all?June - So then I started to think about who would be worth my time to sit for an hour and watch on tv.

July - I warned her, she will go through the same thing with baby boy.

August - So, what's new?

September - (I'd much rather look at him than at Mozart.)

October - Laura and Ty have got the weirdest fungus growing in their tree.

November - Now these are what I mean by protests.




December - 2. It keeps your mind limber

Okay, I never claimed to be original, creative or any other artsy-fartsy thing but I really liked the idea I saw on Kara's blog about posting the first line from each blog beginning each month of the last year. So, to be a teensy weensy bit different, I've done it with the first line from the second paragraph of each month.

So if you want my opinion on what I've had to say over the last year, here are my thoughts:
  • RANDOM
  • List maker
  • Lots of nostalgia tucked away in there, sometimes in the form of old movies
  • Completely unoriginal in all cases, sometimes going beyond the bottom of the barrel for ideas
  • Periodic activist tendencies
  • Real life creeps in once in awhile and I'm drawn into family emergencies, then quick to share. Let's just say I've become intimately familiar with the emergency room down the road.
  • Only slightly opinionated (of course I get that from my daughter)
  • December is a hopeless blogging month for me, along with many other things I don't get done.
  • The fungus is still there.
Look at it this way, I have scads of room for improvement in the new yeuh. But don't count on it.

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger kara said...

Well of course those are a lot more interesting than mine. You cheated! But it was loverly...I especially enjoy the line about the mold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home