Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Better Me Than Them

The top 10 reasons why it's better for me to get sick or injured than my kids:
  1. I can't stop thinking/worrying about them
  2. It hurts me when they hurt
  3. It's easier for me to have the problem than know they are having to deal with all the crap that goes with being sick or hurt
  4. I can afford it more than they can
  5. I don't have small children
  6. I have a car
  7. I have better insurance
  8. I'm used to it
  9. I'm less interested in being out and about with friends as frequently
  10. I hurt all the time anyway
  11. You never stop being a mom!
With Kara at Urgent Care right now after falling down the stairs that's all I can think about but I'm trying to be good and not call her. It's very, very hard. Especially knowing she was going to see her friend Beth tonight (who she hadn't seen for such a long time) to celebrate Beth's engagement.

I said good-bye to another co-worker who is retiring today. Each one is making it harder and harder to be the one left behind. Of course knowing he is going right to Hawaii and Christmas Island to fly fish doesn't make me jealous, much. I know both his parents were relatively young when they died so I hope he has a long, happy retired life.

Another half hour and I'm going to call her.

3 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger kara said...

mom! i'm all right! in just don't like chairs very much right now.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

K - Chairs and stairs, too, I'll bet. And bears.

And mum, especially since Becks was born, I know exactly, exactly what you mean.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger The Future said...

Sharks either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home