Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The End...Totally

I have now officially parted ways with little Harry Potter + 7 years. I can't think of another series remotely similar to that one in subject matter, causing obsessive reading behavior or experiencing the tremendous let down after it's all over. The closest I can come to it is living in another world for 2 months, then it's gone. I am curious how they are going to effectively capture the last one on film. And there's still another one to see before that! Oh well, on to the next thing.


I have been talking to more and more people at my company who are retiring or are planning to retire in the very near future. it's beginning to look like a mass exodus, or at least I can easily see that will be the result by 2010.


This bug is seriously opening its mouth and taking big chunks out of me every time I have another conversation. It makes it extremely difficult to stay engaged, especially when I see all the fun those who have left are having "on the outside". In fact, that feeling of prison is becoming more and more real. I think I need to have surgery to implant an attitude adjustment rather than cartilage. It sounds much less painful too. You have to admit though, that drink looks good enough to drink!

2 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger kara said...

so what did you think???

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger The Future said...

Couldn't say much in this in case someone hadn't read it. Like I said, you became part of that world, then all of a sudden, it's gone. I'll miss it. I think the end was a little preachy and goody goody but I still liked it. She did some things where I went, why did you do that but it doesn't really matter because it's over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home