Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

No Dice

The National Democratic Committee (NDC) called me today only the caller id didn't have the typical political call readout, they were clever and used a regular phone number so I answered thinking it might be someones cell phone who doesn't call very often. Anyway, I listened to the guy's entire spiel and promptly responded that I'm disgusted with everything that's going on so I was unwilling to give them any money and hung up. I hope he feels very passionate about what he's doing because very many calls like mine and he'll be depressed for life.

I can't help it, I don't have any one candidate I can say I'm enamored with at this point in time. I'm almost as disgusted with the Democrats as I am with the Republicans. And none of them have brought home the troops. There's so much infighting you can't tell one from the other anymore other than the fact that all of them seem to be taking on Hillary. She just kind of bugs me, I just can't get to excited about her, maybe it's that hard shell she has created to bounce off all the insults. I can't imagine why she wants this life.

I'm starting to feel like a character in a book where the plot requires that the heroine cut herself off from the world because the world is just too disgusting and/or scary to stay connected to it. I am electing to spend entire days in the house, no trips out whatsoever meaning no makeup of dressing up. That's probably my favorite part. You could say that Internet shopping is bad for your health because I'm doing more and more of mine that way, no trips to the mall or at least minimize them.

What' really scary about this is it sounds just a little bit like my mom and we can't have that. I choose to think it's because I like my house and enjoy being here (even with a tree laying across the deck and patio table up against the house. It's always something.

Thanksgiving is coming up this week and I'm thinking that I'm thankful that I don't find myself in the middle of any of this mayhem and continue to be able to live a good life in relative peace and happiness. A few age-related issues here and there just don't compare to murder and mayhem, war and conflict or crime and mischief.

But the Christmas season is beginning (I refuse to let it actually begin until after the next holiday has passed) regardless of all the decorations, ads and lights I see everywhere already. I'm sure they're trying to stretch out the buying season since they are anticipating lower than average turnout. I am looking forward to one Christmas tradition, our annual Christmas movie with my girl(s) and mother-in-law sometime around the holiday. There are some good ones to choose from, I know there will be more than this, these are just the ones I could quickly find..The whole Love in the Time of Cholera was just a matter of time because the holiday movie that came out a few years ago, Serendipity, used that book as a key part of the plot. I had never heard of it before then. I'm glad I already saw Michael Clayton because that wasn't very holidayish.


1 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger kara said...

we will NOT being seeing Beowolf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home