Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving Eve Eve


So, here we are on the eve of the eve and visions of stuffed bird are dancing in our heads. I wonder if turkey is truly the national bird (vs. country) of choice or if there are other special birds devoured during this holiday? I know oyster dressing is considered a delicacy by some (probably very few), but that's the closest I can come to any other sort of Thanksgiving traditions regarding the main dish.

So with it being the season for thanks and all, I thought it would be appropriate to share just a few of my favorite things, i.e.So to start with, it's videos like this that bring the world into your living room. I love presentations where the subtlety knocks you flat. In this case, they do it all with statistics and a little bit of music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHWTLA8WecI

You watch this and you feel very small, very insignificant, very stupid in my case and very confused about what the future holds for kids raised in the U.S. Years ago I had heard that China was focused on only keeping male children but these statistics don't necessarily bear that out unless they are genetically altering the genders of all their births. It is really bizarre to think that will soon be the largest English-speaking country.

OK, back to my alphabetical list of favorites which I'm keeping quite short.

Animals, most kinds
Family, all kinds
Friends, a necessity
Fixing things that are wrong, you know body parts, disorganization, messy yard, etc.
Games, except that I'm not really competitive
Gardening mostly so I can sit in it and enjoy
Going to the beach, any
Movies, especially romantic - movie marathons are my favorite
Playing piano, preferably without mistakes
Reading, except when I'm finishing off a series with no where else to go like the infamous HP
Scrapbooking, online or off
Shopping for some things mainly for others, ixnay on the iftthray orestay
Sitting in the park listening to the symphony
Supporting the women's and children's shelter
Traveling almost anywhere except Asia (I don't like the food alot)
Walking, I can't do enough and don't have enough time to do much
Winning the lottery
Writing if I could - this will be more of a favorite post surgery

That is alot of favorite things. I'm fortunate to have them all in my life. On this Eve Eve, I give thanks thanks.

2 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger kara said...

I don't want to goooooooooo!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How can one of your favorite things be winning the lottery if you've never done it before? (Winning ten bucks on a scratch-it doesn't count either.) You may hate it, you never know. You'd have lots of people pressuring you to give them some of your winnings, it might be more trouble than it's worth... or not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home