Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Short And Sweet

For the next couple of months, I'm going to be restricted to my left hand so my thought is to make my blogs subjects very short and sweet. So, here's the first one:

Why is it that the more you have your fingernails manicured, the worse shape they're in if you don't? For instance, I haven't had a manicure in two weeks and I've got broken, shredded, hard ridges around the edges of the nails, nasty looking cuticles, etc. It's a mystery to me why this happens because you would think your hands would be more inclined to remain modified as they have been week after week, month after month, year after year, etc. It's almost like they realize I'm not going to pay attention to them for awhile and they go ape shit. Can you image how gross my hand is going to look after being in a cast for 2 weeks? I'm going to have fingernails growing over the tops of my fingers. The thought of this is really grossing me out. I think I'm going to have my eyes closed when they take it off and I'll have someone there to immediately cut them off.

I don't know about you but fingernails (or toenails) run amok gross me out. If this graphic doesn't make you sick, nothing would. So there.

3 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger kara said...

i love the idea of your fingernails going ape shit. love it. i want visuals.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger stinkypaw said...

I so know what you mean, and yet nothing prepares us for the foul smell that will also come from your cast... You'll want that person ready to cut your nails also to be ready to wash your arm! Trust me! Foul I tell you!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That picture of the long-fingernail man makes me physically ill to look at. Hope you're happy.

Blurgh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home