Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Home Alone

Periodically I take a day off in the middle of the week to run errands or whatever. From my observations on those days, it has become clear to me over the years that a huge number of people don't work Monday - Friday; instead they shop. Conclusion: they don't make money but they spend it. I must be exceptionally dense because I really don't know how they do it.


Not only that, how do they stand being home with daytime television day after day? Actually I may have just answered part of my question, they shop instead. I know people who periodically sell all their home furnishings and buy new ones, just to change the decor. Now I can see how you would be driven to that after sitting for hours just staring at your stuff.

Actually we've had more company the last three weeks than we've had in the last 20 years. I found that I enjoyed it but probably because I didn't have to do all the work. With all that buzz constantly in the house, it makes the quiet today almost loud.

So the tides have begun to turn in that the presidential candidates within the same parties are beginning to do some serious sniping at each other. The first thing that comes to my mind as they go down these rabbit holes is that yet again, they are diverted from the very important issues by this drivel. This infighting reminds me of grade school when tattling was in full force. So maybe that's the answer, every time one of the candidates diverts from facts and issues to personal attacks, they get a timeout. And perhaps the timeout could be in the form of a hefty fine and a day or more of no public appearances, depending on the severity of their verbal attack. If only they would put me in charge.

2 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger kara said...

I know people who periodically sell all their home furnishings and buy new ones, just to change the decor.

Hmmm, I wonder how you imagine yourself to not be one of those people?

You'll never be able to stand retirement. I'm telling you, go volunteer somewhere before you start becoming interested in crafting.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger The Future said...

Or scrapbooking?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home