Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Carrot Ginger Soup

There are a couple of movies that come to mind that contain lines referencing their provincial lives. One of them is "Beauty and the Beast" where Belle is pining for something more than her small French village. The other one is "Crossing Delancey" where Sam, the hero, chastises the heroine (I've forgotten her character name but played by Amy Irving who I think was married or the significant other of Steven Spielberg pre-Kate Capshaw) because she thinks his mind and interests are defined solely by the physical world, i.e. the other side of Delancey Street, in which he lives.

Point being, it's easy to let yourself be consumed by house and/or neighborhood stuff when you become dependent on others to extricate you. So today, when I got the chance to break out of my little comfortable world, I grabbed it. I even insisted on walking to my daughter's, which is only 4 blocks away but it was 32 degrees out so I made it a brisk one. So how does the blog title come into play, you ask? We all went to the neighborhood brew pub for lunch and I had a delicious bowl of it. It's nice to be able to join friends/family for a casual lunch in your sweats with one arm hanging out, no make-up and your hair sticking out every which way. I could quickly get used to going
au naturale all the time but I guess I'll have to wait for retirement.

So now, I'm going to go see what else I can check off my list.

2 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger kara said...

carrot ginger soup? i don't know how i feel about that. i am jealous that you got to lunch with the Face, though. i love him.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger The Future said...

K- Laura specifically mentioned she is going to bring him down to have lunch with you very soon. You should try the soup, I think Trader Joe's has it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home