Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Reminiscing


Well, tonight we not only were able to see "Meet Me In St. Louis" on the big screen in its original 35 mm format, we were entertained by Margaret O'Brien (nee Angela) afterwards, who had played Tootie in the movie. It was so interesting to hear about her life, her experiences and most of all her memories specific to this movie. This movie has been a treasure my girls and I have held close to our hearts for years and each Christmas season it is one of the requirements that we watch it to get our minds into the proper holiday framework. I left the show with this glossy 8x10 photo, autographed by Margaret. It is going to hang in my movie corridor in a place of honor. It may well be time for Jeremy Fisher to go.

She was really a lovely lady and the fact of all she had seen and done in her life really didn't cause her to act in a condescending way or anything. A wonderful day and a wonderful opportunity. We're all glad we did it.

This has now turned into a two day post because something was wrong last night and I couldn't get this to publish. so, Extreme Makeover is just over, the paraplegic police officer has gotten a new house with an electric track throughout to help her get around and take care of her 19 month old little girl. There were alot of people who were not just para's but quadra's and they found ways to move and begin blood flow to go through her lower extremeties. I have no doubt that her dedication and strength and courage will result in her walking again someday, even though the bullet ricocheted off her spine to paralyze her.

So, now they are going to go through the house and I'm going to go up and finish folding clothes now that I've finished wrapping more presents. Too bad I never got any work done, bad, bad, bad. Somehow, I'll live through it. I always do. I'll be back sometime soon. Au revoir...

2 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger kara said...

Were any of those presents for MEEEEE???

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger The Future said...

Don't you wish...who said you were a good little girl this year?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home