Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A Little Taste of the South

So, we just got back from dinner at a place called, "The Screen Door" where they serve good old fashioned southern cooking. I had something called the screen door plate on which I was allowed three different sides and corn bread. So, I had red beans & rice (of course), cole slaw and brussel sprouts in some kind of sauce. Plus, one in our party shared their mashed sweet potatoes and they were really, really good. Then, because I hadn't already eaten too much (wrong), I shared a piece of pumpkin cheesecake with caramel sauce. I know, don't you wish you were me? Now the question is how do I sleep, it won't be easy.

It was only 38 degrees outside as we were driving home tonight, I guess that means we have only 15 days until winter is officially upon us. What I refuse to count is the number of days left until Christmas, I can't even think about it. I just need to focus on finishing my shopping. Mike bought a classic gift today, it's probably going to be the topper for the season, a toilet seat filled with fishing flies. It's for the mud room toilet by their new garage in their new house. I'm sure they'll be delighted with it:).

You know, I'm really sleepy (probably all that food I ate) so I'm going to cut this short. I have Charade playing right now while I'm typing. Audrey Hepburn is such a unique beauty except for the smoking part. I wonder if she regretted all the smoking she had done when she was dying of cancer? It is a strange movie though, even with how many times I've seen it I still don't really get it. I just like to watch Cary and Audrey.

I think I'll go to bed to dream about southern cooked delicacies. Adieu.

2 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger kara said...

I'll explain it to you, mama

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger The Future said...

What...explain what?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home