Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

D. C. in December

Well, tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM I'm off to Washington, D. C. for the first time in 13 years. I'm attending a conference for work but am finishing out the week with Mike joining me and plan to sightsee for the last three days of our stay. Mike's never been there and there are a number of sights I didn't see before so we are really looking forward to it.

However, in order to be at the airport at 6:30, I have to get up at 4:30 and take a shower tonight so this will be very short. And of course, there's the Extreme Home Makeover I need to cram in while I'm packing too.

Though I've been working quite a bit today, I've listened to Christmas carols most of the time. I estimate it will only be another week or two before I get sick of them. It actually helps to have my CD player in the car broken because I can't listen to any of mine until I get a new one. Right now I'm listening to Darlene Love, who in the heck is that? OK, we just jumped to Louis Prima, good switch!

I completed my Christmas letter today too but upon comments made by a late reviewer (who also had a place of honor in the midst of the document), I had to make changes so new paper needs to be bought and they need to be printed again. That's okay though because I like it much better now. The lesson learned is to let her review it before I print in the future.

I hope I haven't forgotten too much in preparing for this trip. There is so much wierd stuff going on that I can't be sure. When we remodeled our home in 1993 in December, I swore I would never do anything again in December that would set me back in my Christmas preparations. Oh well! Never say never.

Don't worry, if I see "W", I won't give him your best (or mine for that matter).

2 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A place of honor?!?!?!?! Kara, moved again. 'Cause, you know...she's a hobo.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger The Future said...

So am I going to have to try to live this down forever, similar to the meatballess spaghetti?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home