Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

BAWTH

I'm watching Samantha Brown (TC) wander around Bawth (Bath), England. Her show brings back some great memories of our time there a couple of years ago. She appears to be having similar weather too, a little rain and a little sun. Although she is staying in a castle, we were in a B&B, pretty close don't you think?

She didn't mention it on the show but the pipes that convey the 117 degree mineral water to this main pool are still the original lead pipes constructed by the Romans 2,000 years ago. Can you think of anything built in the last 100 years that will come close to lasting for the next 2,000 years? No, me neither.

Now, she is in the Cotswalds, another wonderful area we visited. In fact, that was where we stayed at Chipping Camden and ate Johnny Depp's dessert at the Red Lion Inn. We also saw scads of thatched roofs, so is she.

So, now she is sitting, having high tea saying that England is where all new European travelers should start, she calls it European lite. I guess she's right. It's a good start. But don't think the Brits are going to be impressed by the fact that you're American. In fact, you will get the opposite reaction, you Yankee upstarts you. Nothing you do or say is remotely quaint.

Now she is in Zurich so I will cease to comment since I didn't share this experience. And I never will because I have no interest or money that would take me there. Especially to buy the $142,000 Rolex watch covered in diamonds and emeralds, waterproof yet. Besides, it looks very cold and very wet there, even more so than England. Au revoir...

1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger kara said...

The Swiss are useless. They have NO dessert dishes named anything as fun as "Spotted Dick". See what I mean? Useless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home