Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Monday, October 16, 2006

'Tis The Season

Don't you love watching the best of the best? To me, that's what the World Series is all about. There's no stupid monster halftime show, it's all about baseball, good hardhitting baseball. I really enjoy the playoffs all the way through the series. I can't say I watch much the rest of the year, I like to wait for all the spectacular plays packaged into one series of games.

So, what else happens at this time of year? Let's see,
  • the leaves turn color then promptly cover the ground all around your house, leaving most trees completely bare,
  • the squirrels are busy burying everything they can find, mostly in your plants,
  • the rain starts in earnest and the temperature drops at least 10 degrees within a week's time
  • there's a big push for flu shots
  • we move our clocks back, (when is that anyway?)
  • pumpkin patches pop up all over the place
  • pine cones start falling in earnest
  • many plants start to fade away, one by one
  • not much birdsong
  • the hunters hunt, mostly animals, except for Cheney of course
  • we celebrate Columbus stumbling across North America (I've seen his tomb by the way)
  • we honor all those who have fought in wars (or who still are)
  • everyone starts looking for the perfect turkey recipe
  • and, of course, the Christmas shopping begins!
All this talk about turkey has made me hungry, I think I'll go scrounge up my own dinner.


2 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger kara said...

i love your blog, mummy

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger The Future said...

You're sweet but also slightly biased. Thanks anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home