Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Sleep-deprived

There are certain times in your life when you can plan on being sleep-deprived. Some instances are due to the stupidity of youth, it will again resurface should you take on the role of a new parent. Lest you think you have then outgrown your sleep-deprived state, I hasten to correct your thinking. For the women in the crowd, it's called menopause, and the package comes complete with sleep-deprivation, living on the edge (of your nerves and any semblance of a pleasant personality) and visibly sweating when everyone else grabs for a sweater.

You have one of three options to battle this diseased state:
  • one is to ply yourself with hormones, thereby plunging your body's chemical balance into an unnatural condition and possibly increasing your chances for singularly unpleasant diseases, or,
  • you can do nothing and revel in your clammy uniqueness, or,
  • you can do what I do and futz around with herbs.
Whoever heard of Black Cohosh anyway, would you know it if you saw it? Does it actually help, probably not but I'm unwilling to stop taking it because it could actually get worse!

So, to get back to my sleepy self, I am going to make this a short one on the outside chance I'll actually sleep when I go to bed instead of trying to track all the random thoughts that begin running through my head the minute I lay it down. One of those being, I hope I hear from Kara soon...Good night, Marrakesh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home