Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Old Movies

One of my favorite pastimes is watching old movies, for that matter they don't even have to be old. Murphy's Romance is on now and Sally Field is never a waste of time.

However, there will be a brief break in the movie to view the best of the best "Daily Show". John Stewart, the most respected and trusted non-politico (officially anyway) on television today.
OK, now I've heard everything. North Korea is only running their nuclear tests now to influence the American elections! Oh, not only that, Iran is stepping up the violence in Iraq only to ensure the Republicans will lose their elections. Puhleez, is there no sanity left in the world? How can anyone with two brain cells to rub together believe that? Have people truly lost their ever-lovin' minds? Am I the only one who is creeped out by anything and everything Republicans say? If you want to torture me, just park me in front of a Bush or a Cheney or any other Administration official's speech and tie me to the chair. Actually, that wouldn't do it because I'd simply stand up with the chair and get the hell out of there.

Don't ever let anyone tell you that Kirsten Dunst is a great talk show guest, that would be a lie. I don't think she had one original thought or put together one complete sentence. Jon Stewart actually had to do both his part and hers. Pitiful, they probably won't even pay her, they shouldn't. Instead, they should donate it to a fund to teach her how to talk!

OK, now I'm back to Jim and Sally in Texas wearing cowboy shirts and boots, riding horses periodically and dancing in the Elks club. What is it about the bands in an Elks club or at the Moose lodge, they always have that canned, pitiful sort of bland sound.

Kara gets back from Morocco tonight, FINALLY. This has been nerve-wracking for me, I can't imagine what it's been like for her. Having her back here safe and sound will make everything right with the world. The movie sun is setting, James and Sally will finally get "hitched" and I'm going to call to see if her plane is on time. Then, I'll head to the airport in about an hour and a half. Gives me time to read a few pages. Until next time...

1 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger kara said...

I'm baaaack! Oh how I missed Jon Stewart...dear dear friend. Thanks for all your help, mom. I'd be stuck without you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home