Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Don't You Wish You Were Me?


Lewiston, Idaho for the next two days, don't you wish you were me? Actually, it's not quite as bad as it looks here, but it's close. After all, if it was good enough for Lewis and Clark, it's good enough for me (as long as I have all the modern conveniences). I think they now have more than one taxi and I think they have a 2 or 3 floor hotel, these are a big deal you know. But if you're there with people you like, it doesn't really matter where you are, right? Alright, enough of that.

I'm having writer's block, I guess I've gotten out of the habit I've been so busy with work and 80 year birthday parties and visiting kids & grands and shopping and preparing for the war with Guilder, that I'm way out of practice. Sometimes it's like your brain simply takes a vacation without any notice whatsoever, there's just nothing there but blank space, a gaping hole, an empty void, a big zero, zilch, nada, free and clear.

I talked to two different reporters this morning and it's like they sucked all the grey matter out of my head and there's nothing left to put together two coherent thoughts. For that matter, it never slowed down the entire day.

Now that I think about it, a day on planes tomorrow may be a blessing in disguise, even if it is going to Lewiston, land of the puffed up national guard guys in fatigues who search every blessed buisness person who goes through their puny little airport and ridiculously tight security. Honestly, if you have a filling in your head or you swallowed a bobby pin you'll set it off. After all, we all know how detrimental Lewiston is to our national security and to our major government secrets. Honestly! I guess it makes them feel all important. I do know you don't dare laugh, as most are wont to do, because they carry automatic weapons. Yes, I'm serious, these guys are so ridiculous and far out they're scary.

You couple all this with the fact that it takes 12 hours to get there and back and you ask yourself, just why are you going again? I'm part of a team and the team is going so I've got to be a team player, hold up my end, play my part, one for all and all for one, we're in this together, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah (you need to say that part out loud because it's just the right number of blahs).

OK, I think you have to admit that if your last post sucked rope, this one sucks nuclear waste. I promise to do better next time but it will be a few days. Maybe I can reenergize before then...something needs to happen. Otherwise, I have no doubt I'll be deblogged, you know voted off the blog by all the clever, brainy, eloquent, artful, literary, zany, actual writer types.

Mahalo

1 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger kara said...

This is, by FAR, my favorite post. Now I know where I get my randomness from.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home