Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Out on my feet

Granted this isn't me but it could be me if you simply compare my tiredness to the tiredness of this child. I'm confident that I'm equally out of it I just haven't fallen over in the chair yet. And this presents a problem because I'm not finding time ot blog until late at night so there is no quality here. In fact, I rarely if ever remember the wonderfully clever subjects I think of throughout the day once I actually sit down to do this. I'm truly a dried up spring of ideas compared to where I started.

I did not get the VP job and I'm okay with that. It was going to require a whole new level of effort and commitment that I would prefer not to have to put forth at this point. I have enough trouble keeping up with my expanding responsibilities as it is. I think this will be a very challenging role for my peer who was selected. I think I also have a pretty good idea of why he was selected and it makes sense. Unfortunately, he falls into the white male category, which is beginning to sound like a broken record around there. This is not going to help our Affirmative Action plans. The additional money would have been nice but I make good money as it is, I am not complaining.

So, I knocked off a little more Christmas shopping today. I need to get two packages mailed to Las Vegas tomorrow to ensure they get there before Christmas. How can it be that late in the month already, who moved up the calendar when I wasn't looking? I only have two more Christmas cards (letters) to write, it will be good to get those behind me but I won't probably get to them until Friday. Yikes, that's only a week before Christmas. This is freaking me out. I still have more to buy for the shelter, that will probably get done late next week. I'm hoping they can still take stuff right up until Christmas weekend. The execs at work were extremely generous so that will be wonderful for the ladies and kids there.

Here's a good one, before I sign off. I stopped at the Salvation Army drop off in the Fred Meyer shopping center on the way home. I had to empty all the bags and bags of clothes and household goods out so I can refill it up with the goodies for the shelter tomorrow. So, I pull up to the little shed and it's pitch black there. A gentleman steps out and I asked him where his light was. He said OSHA came by and said the cords were a hazard so they took them away. I said, "Well, as long as you don't have any more cords, I guess you won't trip over them in the dark!" How in the world is he supposed to function without any light or heat? Sometimes the rules are carried to the nth degree, far beyond reasonableness. The world is full of craziness and the government does its best to spread it around equitably. Maybe for Christmas I'll take him a battery-operated light! So there OSHA!

Anyway, my bed is calling. Too bad I didn't get any of my work done tonight, that means I'll have a nice late one tomorrow night, ugh! I guess I just need to accept the fact that I work better under pressure, no matter how much I hate doing that.
Hasta la vista!

1 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger kara said...

I think that would be really nice...bringing him a battery powered light or a propane lantern...that'd be even better. With some propane to go with it. We should totally do that, Mom. I think it would be very nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home