Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Of course it is...

So, my daughter makes the comment to me on her blog that my comments are all about me. Well of course they're all about me because I'm saying them. I mean what right do I have to make someone else's comments, they have to be mine from me. So, I guess I answered that.

Tonight I went with people form work to eat Peruvian food. Very, very different but good. Even the drink they served at the beginning made with brandy, egg whites and something else I forget now was good but potent. And the chocolate mint gelato they served for dessert was exquisite, with fresh mint in it!


However, I got a parking ticket while I was in there because the confounded machine at the lot wouldn't work. The charge was $5, right? So, I put in all the change I had (four dollar bills and 95 cents) and borrowed the last nickel from a total stranger because the guy in front of me told me cards didn't work. So, I get all the money into the machine (it was very picky about the dollar bills), by this time there is a line of people behind me including some I work with, and it won't give me a ticket. Instead, it keeps asking me for another dollar. So then, I try to cancel that transaction, so it starts over again without giving me back my money. This time I try a card and that doesn't work, as I'd been told it wouldn't. So I figure, screw it. I paid my $5 and went into the restaurant and left 2 hours later. Sure enough, there was a parking ticket for $40 or so on my windshield. I was really angry because I had tried so hard to do the right thing. So I immediately wrote a polite but assertive letter to "these people" when I walked in the door tonight. I told them I knew they had at least one extra $5 payment in that machine that didn't balance with their ticket usage and I had witnesses. This better be the end of that is all I can say.

Isn't it interesting how even though you are the one who is "in the right" you have to spend all your time proving it? The same thing is true if you are burglarized, if you are hit in a car accident, if a doctor messes up your surgery; it's always incumbent upon you to prove that you were wronged. If I didn't know better I'd say I'm whining so that stops now.

It's Christmas, no one whines at Christmas unless "it's all about them". However, we've already established the fact that it's not so let's not start that again. I
showed off my autographed Judy Garland/Margaret O'Brien photograph tonight. It was fun talking about the experience with everybody. There are lots of old movie buffs out there. In just a couple of days we'll be going over to my daughter's to have a "White Christmas" party.

It's good to have all these lovely mood setting experiences throughout the season. I need all the help I can get as I try to finish all my shopping...ugh! At least all our packages are mailed to the out-of-towners. It's funny how we only had to mail to two separate households and they were both in Las Vegas this year. Hopefully we'll get down there with
in the next couple of months.

Actually, we have to go down there for Mike's birthday in February because that's the only way he won't get older (there are no clocks in Las Vegas, at least not on the strip). Based on that, Mike decided he never actually experienced his 50th birthday either (we were there to celebrate it) so he wants to continue the tradition each decade. Now we have lots of family to see while we're there so that will be a good thing.

So, I think it's time to take my tired self to bed. We'll see just how strong the
wind is that blows through the night. Gusts of 65 mph are nothing to sneeze at! OK, enough with the graphics already, nighty night!

3 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger kara said...

Did you guys lose power last night? Mine went out for a while and things kept banging against the door. It was eerie.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger kara said...

time to update!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger The Future said...

Ms. K - I wonder what was banging against the door? That is very wierd. Maybe it was the screen door out front.

Anyway, no our power did not go out. We are very lucky. All we had were many, many limbs come down.

I've been so busy, I've had no time to do this. I'll post tonight but probably won't have time to do it again until Christmas Eve day. Are you coming over early that day at all?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home