Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

New Member of the Family

I am happy to present, the newest member of our Christmas family, Mr. Santa Frog. He is quite wonderful and yes, he is as tall as he looks. He makes a perfect bookend to my very tall nutcracker with the black fur shako. They look splendid centered, within the sidelights, on either side of the front door. How could you not feel welcomed with his open arms to meet you and his very big feet to trip you (just kidding).

The cat was somewhat concerned once we got him set up but she realized she had nothing to fear when he didn't make a move during her dog sniffing (she sniffs much more like a dog than a cat). I think she's bipolar and flips between the two species. She has more wierd habits than normal ones, but that's a subject for another blog. Otherwise, I'll get off track yet again.

I'm spoiled, I'm getting my Christmas present installed tonight. My car is 6 1/2 years old and the CD player just completely died a couple of months ago. Considering how much I played it, I think it probably had
a good run. I've no complaints except for the fact that I can't listen to Christmas carols (including the one Kara just obliterated on her blog) without it. Unless one of the radio stations deigns to play some lame version of something that is. So, starting tomorrow I'm going to have all my Christmas music lined up and overdose on it immediately. Nothing gets me in the holiday mood faster than listening to carols and watching Christmas movies and decorating and wrapping presents...okay, okay so it doesn't take much. I love Christmas, I admit it. Even with all the work stuff that needs to get done and how busy we are preparing for performance reviews and all the stuff that needs to get done to the house for entertaining and et cetera, et cetera, et cetera; I still love it.

I took video of (2 1/2 month old grandson) Beckett with Santa Claus the other day and just thinking about it cracks me up. Santa was trying to get him to "ham it up" since I was taking video and we were waiting around on the photographer so he picked him up and swung him back and forth, kind of like th
ere was music only I don't remember any. Anyway, it hiked up his little, flannel shirt (he looked so darn cute) and his little chubby tummy was hanging out. All the time he had this frown on his little face and you could read his mind, "Why couldn't you just let me sleep?" Poor baby boy! It will definitely be a video he will beg his parents to put away when he is a teenager. Life is going to be very hard for him, being so cute and all.So, I was saying to someone that everyone acknowledges that the Coast Guard who work the bar where the Columbia meets the Pacific is the most dangerous "water" job in the country. But as I listen to these ski patrol types who are trying to rescue the hikers lost on Mt. Hood, I'm thinking that job is right up there from a danger perspective. A comment was made that they're crazy and I said, thank goodness for the rest of us that there are people who are willing to put their lives at risk to save those who made some bad choices or in some cases, were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. So that's my Thanksgiving speech now that it's almost Christmas. Actually, I think it's a year-round conviction.

Now John Stewart is talking about Bush's stubborness regarding Iraq. No way am I going there. Time to do some work. Feliz Navidad!

2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger kara said...

I want to see the Smitty video! And who is that guy?

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger The Future said...

Ms. K - That guy is Jose Feliciano, you know, Feliz Navidad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home