Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

And The Winner Is...

I think I'm competing for the Guiness World Book of Records for an ongoing sinus infection. I first noticed it on Christmas night so that was December 25th. That means it lasted for 7 days in 2009. It has yet to clear up in 2010 and just last Sunday kicked back in with a vengance. That means it has been running for 21 days in 2010.
So in total, I've been dealing with this crap for the last 28 days and yes, I have used at least this much kleenex. So much for seeing if I could get over it myself, at least I've been on antibiotics since Tuesday. I'm banking on those killing off all those filthy, little, buggy germs running around in my injured/swollen nasal cavity.
It's either that or just surgically remove my nose from my face and believe me I'm very close to that. I could at least eliminate kleenex expense from then on. The visual just isn't pretty though, I know.
Now, of course, the crud is starting to creep back into my lungs, the inevitable path of disease in my experience. My voice sounds like it's being pulled out of me by force, against my will with a sharp object. Not only that, it makes me very tired just trying to get some sound out. The answer - lots and lots of tea. I love tea. Nevertheless, tea every hour on the hour has not provided the cure so I'll keep hacking away at it.
This lady looks like she enjoys tea and like her nose has seen better days too. I can relate.

2 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Robert the Skeptic said...

You can delete this post after you read it if you want... but I HIGHLY recommend using a Neti Pot. This has been a wonderful treatment for sinus infections, which I am just getting over. Clearing those nasal passages moves you much more quickly through getting over sinus infections and colds in general and it feels much better after each use. I use it several times a day during the times when I have an infection. Just use table salt and warm water, no special additives are needed.
http://www.neti-pot.com/

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger The Future said...

Very interesting, thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home