Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Winding Down The Year

The last few days I haven't felt that great so I've watched almost every old movie ever made, some of which I've never seen or heard of, which is amazing. It's been nice to stay out of the hectic rigamarole of life for a few days, tucked cozily into the house with a soothing old, b&w movie running in the background maybe with a little Perry Mason sandwiched in the middle.

Tomorrow though I'm jumping back into it. At least the traffic is ultra-light this week, which makes work less stressful from the get go. Still with health care legislation having been announced, I know my work life is going to become frenzied. I received notice of another one of our high performers giving their notice today. I guess the fact that I lived through 2009 and if I can survive 2010, I can make it through anything.

I just overheard a commercial that talked about, "hotel sheets giving you the creeps". Where do they come up with this stuff? This is decidedly one of the pitfalls of watching the old movie channels, the commercials are full of $19.99 infomercials that will throw in their firstborn "absolutely free"!

"Napoleon and Samantha" is on the Hallmark Channel right now. It's the only movie plot I know of about an old, throw away lion. I don't typically watch this channel, it's a little too family friendly for me but this movie stars Jodie Foster when she was about 5 or 6 (maybe older, she was so tiny it was hard to tell) and she was just too cute. However, I'm quite certain this was the last time she was amenable to wearing ruffles. Just watching her run down the road was a riot.

I guess I'll go watch it for awhile rather than just listen to it from afar.

1 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger kara said...

and you can follow it with taxi driver? she's a precious prostitute in that one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home