Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Scrapped Memories

I'm in the midst of capturing 4"x 6" snaps of all the countries crowded around the Baltic Sea as viewed last August. I keep telling myself I shouldn't make up these books full of photos and associated memorabilia, instead I should keep it all on a disc. However, the fact of the matter is, it's no fun to sit at the laptop and look at photographs with no accompanying captions or touristy books or postcards purchased at that site. I seem to need to be able to have this pictorial representation or all is not right with the world.


There are really only two problems with this approach. One is that I'm completely out of room to store them. The second is that it takes me a month of Sundays to get them done. I suppose the cost of all the stuff should be thrown in there somewhere but that's a distant third. The really irritating part of this is everytime I buy a scrapbook and then try to purchase additional pages for it, the scrapbook companies pull this crap on you and flip back and forth between two and three-hole punched versions. This of course means that I'm sitting here with a book now and no refill pages to complete it. As Lucy would say, "Agh!"

It won't be that many years before I'll be unable to take these great vacations. I figure at that point I'll have these beautiful books to pull into my lap and let them take me back to the high points of these special trips of a lifetime.
So, it's back to the scrapbook grind, to try to make a little more progress.

1 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure where you purchase your postcards, but I strongly recommend Overnight Prints for postcards. They have super good deals and the quality is great too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home