Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Off The Road Again

Last night was the first Sunday in three weeks I didn't have to pack a bag for the purpose of leaving town. Yay! I can tell you I won't be signing up for a traveling salesperson's job any time soon.

I have a hodge podge brain tonight so that's what's flowing from my fingers. I formally quit my piano lessons tonight. That makes me sad but I finally realized I just don't have time to practice and study music like I need to in order to truly progress. I feel a little like a failure, which bothers me a great deal but I was already feeling that way each week when I was making so little, if any, progress on my assignments. I think my teacher and I were equally frustrated so this is better for everyone. OK, no more dwelling.

Since I got back last Thursday night, I've watched a couple of exotic car auctions on tv. It blows my mind that in October 2009 there are people who have the money to pay more than $1MM for a Shelby GT racing car considering this economy. So where did they have their money for the last year, under their mattress? A '69 Camaro just sold for $290,000. And there are hundreds more cars like this, the cheapest I've seen go so far is $80,000 for a '60 something Jaguar. One of the limos that drove JFK sold for $500,000. Who are these people? At least it was a fundraiser for cancer research. It made it feel somewhat less hedonistic.

I guess it's truly an economy that reflects the have's and the have not's. Those that have, just keep on having more and more. It is good to see them sharing with those less fortunate under the circumstances though.

There are some crazy Halloween parties going on. I don't have math or science brain cells and I also don't have creative brain cells that can come up with a Halloween costume idea or how to construct the reality. So what does that leave me, some literature, history and trivia cells that run right down the middle of my brain I guess and never go to Halloween parties.

Well, I have some weights downstairs calling my name so I'm going to exit stage left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home