Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Was Summer REALLY Here?

At this point, it seems like Summer never really happened. It's not that I'm tired of the rain or gray days yet, although that will come almost immediately. It's more that I have absolutely no memory of it being Summer this year. The weather wasn't that bad and it's not about that. It's more of a feeling or a euphoria that comes with Summer each year. That's when it's warm, blue skies, long days, lazy hours, outdoor events like sports to watch or participate in, it's the time you generally take a deep breath and say life is good. Maybe I did that but not that I recall.



It's been more about rush here, rush there, work long hours, worry about work, worry about the future, even though we took a nice trip the weather was not typical of summer because we were so far north. I think all of this bundled together pretty much eliminated or overrode the 2009 Summer season for me. We are finally going to a Timbers playoff soccer game tomorrow afternoon, our first one this year and it's October for heaven's sakes.


What that means is all of a sudden in September you're faced with the fact there are only three more months to Christmas. I travel the next three weeks so that means October is shot which really means there is only a month and a half until Christmas. Holy cow! The nice thing for me is I will get to see Kenny Loggins & Jim Messina in concert on the last night of the trip in Salt Lake City. For an old codger like me, that's cool!



Speaking of Christmas, how tacky is it to recycle Christmas cards from the last six or seven years? I guess I'll find out because I have saved the extras each year and I've decided this is the year to deplete that large Nordstrom box. I guess as long as the letter changes, the cards don't really matter. They are merely a receptacle for the letters.



Wait a minute, that means I need to get going on my letter. Maybe I'll work on it while "on the road". Some of my best and most accelerated work takes place in the seat of an airplane where I'm held captive for however long. Yup, that's what I'll do. OK, I have a plan, life is good.

Now I'm going to get ready to celebrate my baby's 32nd birthday by eating and shopping. Everyone's birthday ideal I'm sure.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger kara said...

i can't wait to receive my recycled christmas card.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger The Future said...

Aren't you the lucky one?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home