Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

On The Road Again

I leave tomorrow again and will be gone until Thursday night. I'm already tired just thinking about it.

On another note, do you ever wonder what you'll be like when you're older. I know, I'm already old but I'm talking about being even older like 70 or 80. I'm hoping I'll be able to keep things in perspective and not get carried away by the fact that I'm old. The more I see of the elderly who are able to do this, the more impressed I am with their broad view of things.
You know how easy it is to get caught up in your own life, just imagine how much easier it will be when your "life" or your "world" shrinks down to whatever is within walking distance. Like that time of life when you rely far too heavily on what your friend or neighbor says or what the tv (heaven forbid) reports because they are the only ones you hear. Scary. I have to think about this and how I can prevent it from happening to me.

Let's face it, none of us will be happily or even blissfully taking care of ourselves in our own homes right up until the end unless we die young so this is something I need to ponder and plan for.
But I do love a challenge (as long as it isn't work-related). I just hope I'm not still working at that age. That thought is REALLY depressing.

3 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Robert the Skeptic said...

what makes me feel old are the popular celebrities who have died.. Paul Newman, Burt Lancaster, Robert Mitchum. Or seeing Richard Dryfus on TV and seeing how old he looks. It's a nagging reminder to me that time is marching on even though I don't directly notice. Worse are the people on TV who ARE celebrities now.. I have no clue who they are. That is probably why we grow old and eventually die... it's too much work to constantly keep up with pop culture... except for Joan Rivers, I guess.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger kara said...

don't depress me about turning 30!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger The Future said...

Hm, it's not always just about you, you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home