Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Short But Sweet

Maybe I should have called this "Misconceptions" instead but I only have two things to say. First, who would have ever thought just listening to two pro basketball players could make me cry? Well, when Larry Bird and Magic Johnson talked about their close friendship that's exactly what happened. Apparently they have co-written a book to tell those who are interested about their shared basketball experience.


I don't know that I'll read the book but their story on Sunday Morning moved me to the point of tears, especially when Magic himself cried.


I'm reading a different book now about why the pyramids were built. It doesn't matter where the ancient edifices are located, it appears in this book like they were all built for the same reason: to produce energy. I'm just barely into the first 20 pages of the book but if this is indeed the case, your next question should be , how did all these different people on continents thousands of miles away from each other in different centuries know to do this?


It's an intriguing thought that I seriously doubt we'll ever be able to answer. Although, we are able to determine many more ancient facts now than we could 20 years ago. I would imagine in another 10 or 20 years there will be new discoveries that would boggle my mind if I knew of them today.

3 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger kara said...

are you sure you weren't crying at how short their shorts were?

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger kara said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger The Future said...

My question is why would that make you cry?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home