Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Monday, January 28, 2008

A Capella

One of the national morning tv shows just ran a contest, led by Boyz To Men, to select the best A Capella group in the country. The group who won is called Mosaic and they're from Henderson, NV. They are marvelous but of course I've always been partial to that sound. At least three of the six members do nothing but accompaniment, i.e. percussion, guitars, etc. If they record a CD it will go on my Wish List.

Hearing the quality of their voices, this story made me wonder if anyone who is truly talented even acknowledges the American Idol auditions, let alone tries out. I simply don't hear the same level of tone quality coming out of that show. I think the show has become more of a showcase for Wannabe's than anything else.

And that's my thought for the day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home