Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I'M IN A RUT!

So, I wanted to find a picture that represented me being in a rut...bicycle in a rut...but then, that reminded me of when I was in junior high, riding my bike with my friends downtown. You had to be very skilled at negotiating those streets because it was very easy to get caught in the grooves beside the railroad tracks that ran through Hillsboro. I especially remember one day when my sister were riding with some friends and one of the girls, Connie Barber, got caught in one of these infamous ruts and crashed and burned. Well, okay, she didn't really burn but sort of. Anyway, Deb and I have always had a real problem with laughing when someone gets hurt. We couldn't help our reactions, we did the same thing when it happened to us but she got so mad at us. I don't think she ever got over it. And then she died a few years later in a car accident. So there you are.

Anyway, back to the rut, it's not pneumonia, it's another BLASTED sinus infection and my head feels like a giant, stuffed up weather balloon. So, I go into my lovely, trusted Google images, and what should I find when I type in, "sinus infection", none other than the sinus infected chicken you see below. Now this may seem strange to you but I think it's all a plot by the Google employees...to create conversation starters by throwing oddball, freaky images into each category. You will recall a number of months ago I was looking for a particular term, which now escapes me, and I came up with a toilet seat, same deal. Anyway, I do love those random thoughts or chickens as the case may be.

I have been so focused on work and my stinking head, I'm wondering what's going on in the world. I haven't seen The Daily Show in ages and I just can't bring myself to turn on CNN because then I'd really have to hear how many died today, how many were raped today, how many lied today, and whatever the next lyrics are of Anne Murray's song, "A Little Good News", which is a good song by the way, extremely true. Anyway, I'm sure there is something about the pukiest of pukes, B. Spears and the next pukiest, A. Nicole (whoever the hell she was) and other such unimportant, blips on the radar screen.

I wonder if we'll ever find a news station who always reports the good news first, a novel idea and I don't think anyone has the guts, including sponsors because they are playing to a crowd of vultures who lap up the grossest, most morbid, most tragic, in fact, the worse the news the better everyone likes it. Quite the statement on our society.

Regardless, it's time for me to go blow the crap out of my head and cough more crap up out of my lungs. I know you wish you were me. The good news is, some day soon this will be gone. And I'll revert to human status again.

2 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger kara said...

"it's time for me to go blow the crap out of my head"

- worst and best sentence ever.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger The Future said...

Well, it was definitely the worst illness ever and not the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home