Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Little of the Bubbly

You know, no matter how bad your day is, a little of the bubbly always seems to improve your perspective. A friend and I have developed a certain fondness for sparkling wine, which is actually different than champagne. Please don't ask me to explain how the processes differ or anything technical like that, I just know this one does NOT give me a headache. So, that's enough difference for me.

Tomorrow is the first day when I begin to live my New Year's resolutions. I'm taking the afternoon off and looking forward to it. The reality is that I will probably come home and work later on but that's okay because I'm doing it on my terms and I'm going to take the middle of the day to do what I want to do, which of course involves baby boy!

Now I am somewhat behind considering I've still got Christmas decorations that haven't been put away but I figure they are nice and safe until I get to them, right? I mean, who really cares, right? They are hidden away in the basement so only me and anyone bored enough to read this blog and okay, Kara, know of my failings. Actually, it's not my fault, I've been waiting and waiting for some new ornament boxes to get here from Connecticut but I guess that's alot further away than I thought, like maybe somewhere near Madagascar or somewhere? They'd better show up tomorrow, that's all I have to say.

Boy, I have been so lucky to escape the flu bug that has targeted most of my relatives (unless they are on prenatal vitamins) and friends. Nasty stuff and it seems to act differently with different people. Some people have a sinus headache, some have earaches, some have sore throats and some have lung issues. I'm doing my best to not breathe any air whatsoever.

The award shows have officially started tonight with People's Choice awards. I don't know about anyone else but it really seems like the value of these awards is really diluted by there being so many. I don't know how any of these people have any time to act or sing or perform in general because they are so busy attending awards shows. Kind of like reality shows, it started with one (although I can no longer remember which one) and now there are so many WHO CARES ABOUT ANY OF THEM???!!!

OK, enough of that. I'm hitting the hay. Especially since I need to be up at 4:00 to see if it's snowing or not. Honestly, I have to get on a phone call to decide if the ground is too white to go to work. OK, I'm gone.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger kara said...

wow. I hope getting up at 4 am was worth it. Especially since there's no snow on the ground. I refuse to believe we'll get snow ever again.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger The Future said...

Well then, don't look outside you non-believer you! Actually I need to go to bed or I'll be wiped out for another 24 hours. I'll post again tomorrow night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home