Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Tree...Roots...Lineage


A rose by any other name comes down to the relatives of your relatives, long passed. If you think about your daily life, then you begin to look back at it in year long chunks then by decade and finally across the entire span of your life, you pack alot into those years. So just imagine trying to fathom or get a real grasp on the life of your great-grandmother on your mother's father's side, or your great-great grandfather on your father's mother's side.


Watching these segments of the "Who Do You Think You Are" tv show has been fascinating. Of course, you tell yourself they only aired the individuals who had interesting background stories but my guess is we would all find something interesting in our heritage. If you think about how many opportunities you have to look, every single person branches off to two more people who branch off to four more people, etc. etc.


The show really makes you want to start digging into your own family's history but I also recognize that they have facilitated a great deal of research and investigation for these people which was necessary to not have the viewers falling asleep or flipping the channel. What an incredibly smart marketing ploy by Ancestry.com. Really, really smart. I've already had one cousin ask me if I had information on my grandmother's mother's family. I could tell the show got her started on the search.

Now it's back to the future.

2 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger kara said...

you know you want to join.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger The Future said...

Only when I really have the time. That's not now. I have one cousin already hounding me to get going on it. Ugh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home