Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Sunday, March 07, 2010

2010 Reel Awards



And the winner is...Marilyn Monroe! Yes, I did say 2010, and yes, she looks as good or better than she ever did. I am the last person to voluntarily watch impersonators but even I have to admit the likeness of some of these people to the real (sometimes dead) stars was amazing. And it wasn't just about appearance, many of their voices, even singing voices, were dead ringers (no pun intended).

These people don't just do this for fun and prizes either. Their agent said they can make anywhere from $450 to $10,000 per engagement.
My guess is that Marilyn Monroe commands
the upper end of that scale. Here's why>
Dean Martin he's not but she is 110% there.
Too bad they didn't pair her with a
Tony Curtis or Jack Lemmon look-alike,
straight out of "Some Like It Hot".

And here is the link to connect you to
all the other close but no cigars.

If only I could make that kind of money impersonating people's grandmothers. At least that's the only "person" I've been told I look like by anyone, their grandmother, including a UPS guy when I had just turned 21. Yea, I still remember that slam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home