Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Life is Just a Chair...

You know that cutsie, optimistic stuff by Mary Englebright, products with those little sayings on them like, "Life is Just a Chair of Bowlies", "Begin Again, It's A Brand New Day", "The Best Antiques are Old Friends", etc.


I'm not sure why I'm even bringing this up except that my mom told me tonight she was depressed about all the things happening on the news. I told her well your first mistake is to watch the news. I make a habit of not watching the news, the newspaper, the CNN breaking news on-line, etc. for exactly that reason. I can't help though listening to the repeated reports of large-scale earthquakes off the coast of or even in Chile, how can that country possibly recover? See, my point exactly.

You could say I should be doing my part and I do contribute to Mercy Corp, I'm sure I could always do more though. It's almost like you don't want to think about all the problems too much because you can't control any of it and all the stuff going on just doesn't bode well for our future or the future of our extended families. I worry about that but then I try to think about something else because I seriously doubt that I'll be able to influence the future one way or the other. I'm going to stop now, I don't like anything about this post and if I weren't so lazy and worn out after the last week, I'd simply delete it. Oh well, it's probably an appropriate post considering where my head is at tonight.

I'm going to watch "Passage To India". David Lean was a marvelous director. Baby boy tomorrow and through the weekend, yay!

1 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Robert the Skeptic said...

Glad you didn't delete it... my buddy Will got the expanded cable package and was watching CNN and the other news networks all the time. He found he couldn't sleep at night; and he is a good sleeper! He did the same thing you recommended - stopped watching news. He sleeps much better at night now; and he still drives his Prius not thinking he is going to die at any moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home