Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Light on Water


Two elements that put me at peace while simultaneously inspiring me are sunshine and water. If you mix the two, you exponentially increase the positive effect they have on me.  


Case in point, this morning I checked out of my room at Skamania Lodge and went into the conference room where our team was having breakfast and meeting for the day.  The view from the window was to die for.  The sun was streaming through some very low clouds onto the Columbia River, which was as still and calm as glass.  


It looked more like a a beautiful, glistening spotlight on a peaceful lake.  You literally just stood there and stared at it, I couldn't break myself away, it was simply awesome.  That is truly one of my favorite places when it comes to relaxation and peace, and a phenomenal view.  I hope to get back there soon.  

In the meantime, I'm truly reenergized for my final workday this week.  Of course knowing I have baby boy staying overnight with us tomorrow night will provide an incentive to get through the day as quickly as possible.

2 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger kara said...

that reminds me...why were you having a work meeting at a resort?

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger The Future said...

Because they are offering really cheap deals to companies to have their offsite meetings there to increase their revenue. We needed to get the team together for a couple of days and they had the best deal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home