Frogs' Legs Aren't Funny

The download of my daily (almost) thoughts and ruminations.

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Faith in Mankind

Sometimes, usually once in a blue moon (where exactly did that saying come from), something happens that begins to restore your faith in mankind.  Well in this case, it's more your faith in kidkind.  I just got this not from a friend who teaches special education at a high school in Oregon City (I think it's the high school).  Anyway, take a look.

"Wanted to share some great news about one of my students.  Tyler was nominated for Sadie
Hawkins Prince a few weeks ago, and he won!  He is the first Sadie Hawkins King from the Special Ed community in our high school!  Tyler was very excited!"

Maybe just maybe this is providing us with a glimmer of hope that this generation, in this case these kids recognize this boy's value, regardless of the fact that he doesn't fit the stereotypical "prince" mold.  This made me so happy it gave me goosebumps.  

"What the world needs now is love, sweet love.  No, not just for some, but for everyone."

Unfortunately, Dusty didn't live long enough to witness this little success but it brought her prophetic lyrics to my mind regardless.  You couple this lovely event with glorious sunshine, blue sky and my grandson taking his nap like a good boy in the other room and I'm having a decidedly good day.

As soon as he wakes up, we're going for a run cuz walking is just for babies. 
 
Big boys only run and never stop.  Therefore, Grammies just have to keep up.

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger kara said...

but then you read about people like that stupid woman at the zoo in berlin and your faith goes right back down the toilet.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger The Future said...

So stop reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home